The Information Technology Services Department (ITSD) helps improve student achievement and academic growth by integrating technology into the curriculum to increase academic opportunities. The department works closely with the Educational Services Division to enhance the curriculum and to increase 21st-century technology skills of all students and all staff members.
The department’s goal is to ensure that every school has the infrastructure to support learning with technology. The adoption of the Selma Unified School District's Technology Plan in 2018 will allow the district to move toward a One2One model, providing a device for every student in the district.
The Technology Department is responsible for the infrastructural maintenance and support of all things technology for the district’s 11 school sites, district office, and transportation center.
The team's technology specialists maintain network infrastructure, all user devices, numerous user systems as well as the student information system, Aeries. The Technology Department also supports more than 800 users across the district with day to day technology problems. Providing a positive user experience with technology is the ultimate goal of the department, and with that will come positive teaching and learning.
Information Technology Services Department
👋 1 Welcome & Basics
- Hello! Google Classroom Overview and Walkthrough of Recording Videos (video of me introducing people to this platform (Google Classroom) and briefly explaining both the style and the how-to of recording a video for your students)
- Learning Continuity Plans from Lower School Head and Middle School Head (Google Docs, sorry these are internal documents for now. It includes expectations of teacher work and interactions, schedule of the day (already covered that above in this post), and resources)
- Screen Recording Essentials (iOS and macOS)
- Screen Recording iOS Help Page
- Screen Recording macOS Help Page
🏫 2 Google Classroom (MS Communication)
🎥 3 Google Meet (video chat)