The Board of Trustees and staff of Selma Unified are very excited and grateful to the voters of the District for approving Measure O by a more than 70% margin! Measure O will raise $30.8 million in General Obligation bond funds to be used to build new facilities as well as modernize existing structures.
These funds will also allow us to apply for a matching amount of state bond funds. So, the money approved by our voters could possibly be doubled, if the state approves!
In January 2017 the District will begin the process of selling the bonds and prioritizing which projects need to be done first. Part of the process of selling the bonds is creating a Citizens' Oversight Committee. This committee will be appointed by the Board of Trustees to:
1. Inform the public concerning the expenditure of bond revenues.
2. Actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers’ money for school construction.
3. Advise the public as to whether the District is in compliance with the Section 1(b)(3) of Article XIIIA.
4. Convene to provide oversight for both of the following:
a. ensuring that bond revenues are expended only for the purposes described in Article XIIIA, Section 1(b)(3), and
b. ensuring that no funds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other school operating expenses.
5. Issue regular reports on the results of the Committee’s activities, which report shall be issued at least once a year.
If you are interested in serving on this very important committee, please click on and review the documents below and send your completed application to the School District Office as soon as possible. Feel free to phone Larry Teixeira at (559) 898-6500 if you have any questions. Thank you!